Friday, May 2, 2008

Coming Down the Mountain- I Say, Scream It! CUumm'N Down the Mountain!!


BEST DRIVIN' DAY EVER!!! Mother of God! The mountain pass between Montana and Idaho was a rock'n good ride. I wanna go again-RIGHT NOW!! I am still high from the extreme rollercoaster ride. The minute I crossed into Idaho I knew this was the place to stop for the night. It is a magnificent view that just embraces you. Coeur D'Alene, ID is a beautiful lakeside town nestled in the valley of it's namesake. I was convinced by the authentically friendly visitor center representative, Candence, that I must stop and experience the wonderful small town vibe. She was right on. I walked back to my car from the visitor center where I met my first new friend Maril and her redfox lab, Bella. I had parked my car at the grassy city park in the downtown area across from the visitor center. Maril and Bella were lounging on the lawn in front of my car. I asked Maril for the time, wondering if I had crossed over to the Pacific timezone and we struck up a conversation. We discovered we had a lot of common life experiences including her brother and I having the same birthday. Here is the Celestine Prophacy at work. Maril had just arrived in Coeur D'Alene from Missoula to meet a friend for dinner and invited me along. Starved for interpersonal interaction I eagerly accepted. I enjoyed a delightful dinner at a tapa bar named Anthony's. I sampled melt in your mouth tenderloin, zesty veggies and baked artichoke. It's the first real meal I've had since I've left Maine so it was the best! Maril and her friend, Linette (I think that was her name??) shared fun travel stories. Linette lived in Maine when she was a kid and worked in Yellowstone one summer. Coincidence? Of course not! I am so glad I listened to my intuition about staying in Coeur D'Alene. After parting with my new friends, I walked along the world's longest floating boardwalk just after sunset. It is buoy'd by 16,000 cedar logs. Walking along the lake this evening was a wonderful way to end a fantastic day!

No comments: