Saturday, May 3, 2008

Are We There Yet, Papa Smurf?

If you haven't figured it out yet, I AM HERE !! Over the Cascades and through the woods to Jeni and Eric's house I go. I hooked up with a couch surf'n gig in Seattle. Jeni and Eric are generous hosts who brought me to the most impressive tourist attraction yet. The Winco, a sociologist's wet dream, is Sam's Club hopped up on white trash steriods. Eric is a thrify tech head with a love for retro 80's games. He had just bought an original 1966 twister game which we had to play. I haven't laughed my ass off that hard in ages. Jeni made delicious dinners and we went to the Swedish Cultural Center for swedish pancakes with lindenberries. Yummy! I arrived at Mount Rainier during unknowingly rare day that you can see "The Mountain." I have been here for 10 days and have only been blessed to see the mountain twice. It has been blanketed behind clouds for days. I like to tell the tourists that the mountain is shy and only comes out once in a blue moon. When you can see it. It is spectacular and I am lucky to have it as the back drop to the gift shop. Everyone has been wonderfully friendly and from all over the country and world. I could get used to this national park life style. Stay in tune. I'll be writing more often again now that I have found internet. I MISS U ALL!!!!

1 comment:

jennie said...

MISSY!!!!

Maine misses you lots, but your Mt. Rainier gig sounds SPECTACULAR!!

Can't wait to hear more DETAILS!!!