Thursday, May 15, 2008

Got Oxygen?

Today I went for my first hike!! Yay!! I snowshoed a little way up Glacier Vista which is a couple miles from Paradise. It was blazing hot today so the avalanche threat was high and lots of warnings about snow blindness (sunburn to the cornea). So sunglasses were a must! Check out the picture of me next to the snow banks up at Paradise. It will be a long time before we see the meadow flowers that I have seen on postcards. I saw my first wildlife today unless you include the numerous deer that meander by the roadside. A scampering silver fox that commanded the center of the road for several minutes so he could have his picture taken by a multitude of tourists. Mama and baby black bears, elk and cougars have been sighted by my coworkers. A glorious day to be celebrated with a glass of cheap champagne, while sitting on my patch of grass just outside my humble abode, as the sun sets into the west.

No comments: