Saturday, May 9, 2009

Buried Alive


It was a really beautiful day today!


Funny story... I asked the head of maintenance at Inn when he thought I might get the boards off my window. My room is on the bottom floor of the inn. I have two windows that are currently sealed with ply-board. My room is like a cave. Even when the lights are on there seems to be an impenetrable darkness. I wake up at 7am each morning thinking it could easily be 2am or I wake up at 3am and bolt out of bed b/c I think it's 9am. Each morning I walk up the stairs to peak my head out the door to see if the sun is shining or if it is snowing because it seems that in the last two weeks it is one or the other. When the sun is shining (it's doubly bright b/c it's bouncing of the snow) I instantly raise my elbow over my eyes because the light penetrates my vampire like senses, causing me to squeal and scurry back to my room to adjust to the daylight hours. So, "Vern," I say (whose name I have changed for amenity sake), "Vern, when will the shutters come off my window?" After asking which side of the Inn my room is on, Vern chuckles, and in a sarcastic tone replies, "Mid-June if your lucky." Now, I have a secret hope that Maybe, just maybe he was kidding. I actually hadn't gone to the other side of the Inn to see for myself the snow situation. Here comes the crusher: Vern comes up to me yesterday and says, "So I took the bulldozer out behind the Inn to dig your room out. I'm diggin' and diggn' and finally I see the top part of your window. Then I look into the window and see that it's women's public bathroom." He laughs and laughs, "Your room is buried A WHOLE FLOOR beneath that room!!" At that point he says, "I said screw it! Sorry, you'll probably be buried 'til end of June." So, if you live in a two story house, just visualize the snow being up to the top of the windows on the second floor with your bedroom on the bottom floor. Basically, I'm buried alive.

The Tatoosh Range directly across from the Inn.
I think this will be my view mid-June.

I am standing in front of my room which is

two stories below.

My room is two floors down under the snow.
Will I ever see the light of day?







5 comments:

Fellow Past Mountain Dweller said...

I suppose being buried alive is better than furry strawberries and unfriendly hostesses...

ElderGuru.com said...

Egad, you left one winter for another!

Anonymous said...

Most people could never imagine waking every day and having the Tatoosh Range welcome you.
You are living and working in one of the most beautiful spots in the world.
These times for you are what dreams are made.
Jotoh + Luna

Sasquatch Hunter said...

Buried Alive is 10,000 times better than the FBS.

Fellow Past Mountain Dweller said...

I thought as much.