Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Dark Side of the Moon


The fight between summer and winter begins.

Me on Eagle's peak with Mount Adams far in the background.

On Sunday, listening to Pink Floyd's album "Dark Side of the Moon" playing as my theme music, I hiked up Eagle's Peak one final time. The first time I tried to climb to the top of Eagle's Peak there was so much snow I only made it half way. The second time I peaked the mountain but couldn't see three feet in front of my face. Third times a charm. It was a beautiful autumn day, cool and pleasant. Rainier was in all her glory on the west side with Paradise nestled into her valley and Mount Adams and St. Helen's bordered to the south. The sun was shining in the east and a waning, half Blood Moon hung low dimly in the southwest. I sunned myself like a lazy marmot on the rocks gathering the mid-afternoon heat. I will definately miss the beauty, the moments alone with the mountain. My spirit has gathered strength here but I am anxious to go home and hang with my homies!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Eagles Peak! Way to make it and actually see the view... fabulous, yes? And even with the emergency hat...

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to seeing you again.